Daniel Leigh is Division Chief in the Research Department of the IMF. His responsibilities include heading the division that prepares the IMF's External Sector Report. Past IMF positions include Deputy Division Chief for North America in the Western Hemisphere Department, Mission Chief for Belize and Suriname, and Deputy Division Chief of the Research Department division that produces the World Economic Outlook. He is the author of several articles and book chapters on international macroeconomics, with a focus on fiscal and monetary policy and forecasting. He holds a Ph.D. in Economics from Johns Hopkins University, and an M.Sc. in Economics from the London School of Economics.
- Median Inflation Gauge Offers Better Read on Price Trends
- How the Pandemic Widened Global Current Account Balances
- Global Imbalances and the COVID-19 Crisis
- US Business Investment: Rising Market Power Mutes Tax Cut Impact
- Chart of the Week: The Rise of Corporate Giants
- No Puzzle About Weak Business Investment: It’s the Economy!